Shipping Info for US orders
- We ship Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) via designated carriers. You will receive an email order confirmation immediately after your order has been placed.
- Most orders will ship from the warehouse within 3-5 business days. Certain products are drop-shipped from partners and delivery time may vary. Once order is shipped, you will receive a second email with tracking information and estimated arrival date. All shipping methods include tracking. Please look for the tracking link in your shipping confirmation e-mail. Please note, all processing times are subject to change and/or delay due to credit card authorization and item availability
- Arrival time will be estimated within your tracking information and unfortunately, cannot be guaranteed. Due to a possible credit card verification, your order may be subject to a delayed shipping date.
- If you choose to ship your orders to multiple locations, there will be additional charges for each destination.
- We are unable to ship to PO Box and military addresses.
- Orders over $95 will not be charged the standard domestic ground shipping fee (Hawaii and Alaska not included).
|Orders up to $95||Domestic Ground||$9.00|
|Orders above $95||Domestic Ground||Free|
Hawaii and Alaska Orders
|Alaska||Flat Rate||Flat Rate $25.00|
|Hawaii||Flat Rate||Flat Rate $25.00|
Coverstory currently offers Flat Rate International shipping to select countries. We use Wynd Economy Worldwide (powered by DHL Parcel Direct) or Wynd Worldwide (powered by UPS) depends on the destination (see chart for shipping rates).
Transit time from date of dispatch:
Wynd Economy Worldwide- 10-14 days
Wynd Worldwide- 4-7 days
Please note this does not take into account any customs clearance delays that may arise. We work closely with our shipping partners to minimize any delays in delivery for our international customers.
|Australia||Wynd Economy Worldwide(DHL)||$35.00|
|Canada||Wynd Economy Worldwide(DHL)||$25.00|
|Denmark||Wynd Economy Worldwide(DHL)||$35.00|
|Germany||Wynd Economy Worldwide(DHL)||$35.00|
|Ireland||Wynd Economy Worldwide(DHL)||$35.00|
|Italy||Wynd Economy Worldwide(DHL)||$35.00|
|Japan||Wynd Economy Worldwide(DHL)||$35.00|
|Mexico||Wynd Economy Worldwide(DHL)||$25.00|
|New Zealand||Wynd Economy Worldwide(DHL)||$35.00|
|United Kingdom||Wynd Economy Worldwide(DHL)||$35.00|
For all International orders, the recipient is responsible for paying all customs and clearance related duty/tax, which is based on the full purchase price paid for this order (as reflected on the commercial invoice).
Please note, international purchases are final sale. Unfortunately, we cannot honor return request on international orders. Please contact email@example.com with all sizing, fit, or color questions prior to placing an order.
In the event that the buyer refuses delivery of the shipment, return shipping charges will be billed to the buyer’s method of payment. Shipping fees are not refundable for undeliverables or refused shipments.
TERMS & POLICIES IF A FREIGHT FORWARDER IS USED:
CoverstoryNYC.com won’t be responsible for damage, defect, material difference, or loss that occurs to goods after they’re delivered to you or a freight forwarder. This means that CoverstoryNYC.com isn’t able to provide a replacement of, or refund for, any such goods delivered to you or a freight forwarder. You should refuse goods that arrive damaged and instruct freight forwarders to do the same, and goods lost after being received by you or the freight forwarder will be your responsibility.
If you (or a freight forwarder you so designate) have a U.S. address, purchase goods from CoverstoryNYC.com to be shipped to a U.S. location, and then subsequently export the goods, you or the designated freight forwarder are considered the exporter and are solely responsible for compliance with all export and import regulations, including all U.S. export regulations and the import regulations of the destination country. CoverstoryNYC.com must not be listed on any export documentation (e.g., export declarations, invoices, packing lists, air waybills, etc.). It is your responsibility to ensure the freight forwarder’s most up-to-date U.S. address is used.
HAVE QUESTIONS? WE’D LOVE TO HELP.
EMAIL US: firstname.lastname@example.org